Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snowy Weather Favorites...

It's been a cold and snowy winter here in east central Illinois and it's only early February! I don't know about other people, but when it's cold out and I'm snuggled up safe and warm inside with a fire in the fireplace, I love to eat! I have some comfort food recipes posted in other places on this blog, but I'd love to open this up to anyone who might have some favorite cold weather dishes you would like to share. With the Super Bowl tomorrow, you might want to share some Super Bowl party recipes as well.

I'll start off with a recipe given to me by my friends Steven Zindars and Richard Hayes. They said the recipe is from Miss Marla in Danville, IL. Enjoy!

Caramel Corn

1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups brown sugar
1 T salt
6-7 qt. popped popcorn
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1/4 t cream of tartar
1 t baking soda
Vanilla to taste

Mix butter, syrup, and brown sugar in a pan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Take off the heat and add cream of tarter, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir until foamy. Pour over the popped popcorn. Mix well and spread mixture on cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour at 200°.

No comments:

Post a Comment